New shifter or safety switch for this shifter

John701

Recruit
I have a 1978 Fiber Form Sportsman with the shifter in the picture on it. The neutral safety switch is missing on it and does pose a danger when starting the boat, where and what part number for the safety switch or what other shifter will replace this one that will fit in the same area? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN0512 (2).JPG
    DSCN0512 (2).JPG
    267.9 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Usually we ask that pictures be taken from further away. Not so in this case, get closer. And turn some lights.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Fiberform is the name of a boat company. Shifters are usually made by the engine OEM or a third party like Teleflex. You might see what kind of shifter you have and see if a replacement switch is avail. Since it is a wear item, sometimes they are avail.

John701

Recruit
I have written several different part companies but have not as of yet received any replies. My engine is a Mercruser 470 engine and the shifter is a vintage Morse Teleflex shifter. I wold like to find a replacement that is also a side shifter but not sure what side shifter, I have seen Mercruiser shifter but they say gen II this is pre alfa outdrive.