Changing 2014 60HP Merc from tiller to wheel steer

I have a 2000 16.5 tracker now and I want to replace the original 40HP Merc 2 stroke with a 2014 60HP Merc 4 stroke. Problem is the new 60HP is tiller steer but my boat is set up SH. Both are electric start etc but not sure about what I need to attache the cable steering, throttle, ignition, removing the tiller etc on the 60HP and the cost of installing a tiller handle to my 40HP 2 stroke. I am planning to swap motors on boats and selling the older lund with the tiller on my 40HP. Hope this makes sense. Anyone have an idea of the cost to do this. I fairly mechanical so I can handle the labor. Just not sure about material cost. Help please.

matt167

Captain
you need several kits to convert the various systems. Throttle, electrics and steering

Throttle shift: 880095A08

I don't have the part numbers for the electrical and you may be able to use steering parts from your 40hp. However I'm pretty sure that the 2 and 4 stroke motors are entirely different so your tiller will not work.

How much are you saving buying a boat vs stopping at a dealer and rigging up a new motor?