Commander 4000 Gen II

TrippD

Recruit
I was having throttle issues and could not get the boat in gear so I took off the handle and pulled out the controller box. It looks the metal piece that control forward and reverse has broken (see pic). The P/N on the control box is P/N 883710 A03

The question I have is can I buy a replacement or do I need a new control box? I have looked everywhere for a parts diagram of the control box but cannot find one. I have found plenty for the handle assembly though. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• photo315263.jpg
    photo315263.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

TrippD

Recruit
That looks to be it. Thank you so much for the info. I looked everywhere for this part.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
AD's link is the only place to buy it by itself. Everywhere else said it is not available separately.

How did break? Were you having trouble using the throttle? Make sure the cables aren't jamming putting stress on that piece.

alldodge

Staff member
I think it could be found in other sites, the issue is when looking for the part, it shows the original version, which was version 1. Versions 1 thru 3 are no longer available, but version 4 is.