Spectrum 1706 throttles, but won’t shift

Jeremiah F J

Cadet
Hey all. Newbie to these forums, and boating as well. Bought a Spectrum 1706 with Force 40 motor, late last year. Put in the water after purchase, and the throttle/shift worked fine. It also has the push button “throttle only” on it. Put it in the water today and used the throttle only button to warm up engine. Realeased button, and nothing but throttle. It will not shift at all, just throttles. Just wondering if there is a fix for this, or should I just consider a new unit.

Thanks in in advance for any help.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

Try moving handle forward and back through neutral. The button should pop out unless it's sticking.

Jeremiah F J

Cadet
Thanks for the welcome. Tried moving the handle for quite a while. Button never came out. I was able to get the button off, but here is no resistance or spring tension on the pin under the button. It’s as if something has broken, but I can find zero info on these boats.

GA_Boater

Is the control a Force unit?

There are so many different controls, so we need to ID your's.

GA_Boater

It's some version of a Quicksilver control. I'm not much help, but hope one of our smarter guys see the thread and can help.

Jeremiah F J

Cadet
If I can get this apart, will there be any markings to identify what I have. Kinda looks like the commander 3000 series......sort of.