Throttle/shifter backing plate sticker

brian36578

Seaman
Anyone know of where I can purchase a new backing plate sticker for the shifter? It is identical to the one in the picture, my throttle only sticker is fine, just need the new one on the backside with the arrows and where it says Quicksilver. It is for a 1990 Larson All American.

Attachments

• photo309219.png
    photo309219.png
    842.3 KB · Views: 1

brian36578

Seaman
that one is the closest I have been able to find as well. It is too long, but I should be able to cut it down if I can't find the right one.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Can always have one made at your local trophy shop. Easy peasy...

Fun Times

Staff member
that one is the closest I have been able to find as well. It is too long, but I should be able to cut it down if I can't find the right one.
Then my guess would be you'd need Merc/Quicksilver part number 37-8176961 as from looking at the images between the designs of all the decals to fit those controllers, one decal like in the link above has the two small holes for the detent and friction adjustments that yours probably don't have?

Decal item number 8 in the following doesn't seem to have the two small holes like some of the others within the remote control parts guide...,https://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/parts/1989_100.cfm

If I'm correct then Crowley marine's Search Nationwide Inventory says the 3 places below may have them in stock.

US BOAT WORKS INCKANSAS CITYKSWebsite
LOCKWOOD BOAT WORKSSOUTH AMBOYNJWebsite
ERICKSON MARINE INCHASTINGSMNWebsite

Name City State

Fun Times

Staff member
Thank you for all of your help! Lockwood is shipping the decal out to me today.
Just for future reference when you receive the decal could you try posting a photo of it...Is it the one without the two small holes, etc.?
Thanks.

brian36578

Seaman
Here is a picture of the decal. It looks to be the exact one that I had prior and, correct, no holes. Total price after shipping from Lockwood boat works to Michigan was $14.85. I won't have it installed until end of April when I receive the vinyl panel back from being redone but I will post an installed pic.

Attachments

• throttle decal.PNG
    throttle decal.PNG
    700.3 KB · Views: 0