MV-2 Control on 1996 Regal Rush xp120 jet boat

RogerASki

Seaman
Thanks AllDodge! Anxious to continue when washer arrives. As I think back to July when I was pulling the grandkids on the tube the loud "crunch" must have been when the reverse gate stop washer was sheared off. I looked at all the photos/videos I took when I first put her back on the lift. In one I moved the gate forward and reverse. In reverse it stopped at the stop, but in forward it went all the way to the top of the nozzle. Wow! That must have had quite a bit of force to shear it off. I was just wondering if I sheared it off when I creeped up to 40mph. It wasn't thank goodness!

alldodge

Staff member
Time can lso cause metal to fatigue. Good thing the reverse scoop is metal, I've seen the composites ones break iapart with using to much throttle in reverse

RogerASki

Seaman
Finished installing the port side gate stop washer. Fine tuning so that gate just touches the washer at full forward. Is there supposed to be “play” of the clevis pin when attached to gate with ss washer and cotter pin? Photos to come!
Thanks,
Ski

alldodge

Staff member
Is there supposed to be “play” of the clevis pin when attached to gate with ss washer and cotter pin?

Unable to answer that one

RogerASki

Seaman
Put the control box back in the bulkhead and took her for a spin! 40 mph and NO vibration. I tweaked the control cable pivot in the control box. In full forward the bottom of the gate is about 1/8” above nozzle. Great power, but crawls a bit forward in neutral. I did not mess with the cable shift bracket attached to the nozzle. I was afraid of snapping off the bolt(s).
is there a way to adjust neutral without affecting forward position of gate?

alldodge

Staff member
That is another I cannot answer. Most don't have a detent for neutral, you just feel where neutral is

RogerASki

Seaman
As a result of the control/shift cable breaking it sheared the reverse gate stop washer and bolt off the nozzle. Here is what I did to repair it:

As a result of the control/shift cable breaking it sheared the reverse gate stop washer and bolt off the nozzle. Here is what I did to repair it:

https://youtu.be/v9CfuVr_52w

Thanks,
Ski

Thanks,
Ski

RogerASki

Seaman
While repairing a broken control/shift cable recently I noticed that the foam exhaust seal(s) were deteriorated. I only changed the starboard side seal because the steering cable was not broken and it would have added more time to the repair.

https://youtu.be/rLEyR7UjzT4