Converting a tiller steer system to a steering wheel system - DIY

comstox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can anyone point me in the direction of WHERE to get info on converting a tiller system to a steering wheel system for a 12' boat with 15 HP engine? I've seen some pulley systems and that may work.
I'm wanting to convert my 15 HP Force to steering wheel system.
Thanks in advance!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
a few things

you need to get a conversion kit for your motor for remote controls. those kits are most likely NLA for your force, so you may have to do a parts break down and scour ebay for a long time looking for parts

then you need to get remote controls, a console and a helm for your boat.

it is usually cheaper to buy what you want from the get-go

boats quit being made with pulley systems a long time ago, however you can still get some of the parts

comstox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
a few things

you need to get a conversion kit for your motor for remote controls. those kits are most likely NLA for your force, so you may have to do a parts break down and scour ebay for a long time looking for parts

then you need to get remote controls, a console and a helm for your boat.

it is usually cheaper to buy what you want from the get-go

boats quit being made with pulley systems a long time ago, however you can still get some of the parts

Yeah if it becomes too much of an expense and pain, I will put the Force on my Inflatable and get another motor with controlls for my cool little River Cruiser!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I don't think that motor was ever even available with remote steering and controls, so finding the non existent parts will be quite a challenge.

Here is a list of some of the parts you would need, if your motor was a 1996 model.
Many are NLA.
Then you would need a steering link arm, cables, remote control unit.
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]