Wiring shift interrupt switch after installing Delco Voyager EST Distributor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR853

Recruit
Hello everyone. Im new to the forum and this is my first post here . I have been searching through the forums for a while now and I still havent been able to come up with a fix for the issue I am having . I have a 1988 Sea Ray Seville 20ft bow rider with a 4.3 Mercruiser I\O . I recently got the boat with no motor and installed a 4.3 Merc long block along with Edelbrock Intake and Edelbrock 1409 Carb. After reading multiple reviews I decided to go with the Delco Voyager ignition. Everything is wired correctly and the engine runs awesome.... but the issue I am having is that when I have the shift interrupt switch plugged in the boat will not start. The boat originally had a Thunderbolt IV ignition. So the two wires that went on the original distributor are White with green stripes. From what I have read , I wired those two wires as follows. One White wire with the green Stripe I have tied into my Purple wire from my coil and the other White wire with Green stripes is tied into the single Black wire that comes out of the Distributor . So my issue is that when I have the black wire plugged into the distributor my boat will crank but will not start. If I unplug it the engine fires right up... I am not sure what else to do... any help would be greatly appreciated as this has been plaguing me for a while. Thanks. Joe.

Hondarider9

Cadet
I have the same issue and am trying to find out how to wore the switch , did you ever figure this out?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have the same issue and am trying to find out how to wore the switch , did you ever figure this out?

More than 4 years ago the OP made this single post and disappeared. You should read the replies in you thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.