No lights - No blowers - No radio - No anything

bigdealsam

Seaman Apprentice
1994 Sea Ray 330 Sundancer. Perko switch on "all" (with one brand new battery just installed) I get absolutely nothing. No blower, no radio, no lights, no anything. And, of course, motor doesn't even grunt. Switched over to shore power and I get the outlets in the cuddy and TV etc to work but still nothing on the console and no power to the engines. Am I forgetting something obvious? Not sure what else to do.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Reset the circuit breaker or replace the fuse back at the house batteries. If that's not the issue, then you have a disconnected cable -- probably the one from the COM terminal on the switch to the engine and accessories, or you don't have proper grounding on the two batteries. Both negatives need to be tied together and then connected to the engine block. Without a complete path to each battery, nothing will work.

Bondo

Staff member
1994 Sea Ray 330 Sundancer. Perko switch on "all" (with one brand new battery just installed) I get absolutely nothing. No blower, no radio, no lights, no anything. And, of course, motor doesn't even grunt. Switched over to shore power and I get the outlets in the cuddy and TV etc to work but still nothing on the console and no power to the engines. Am I forgetting something obvious? Not sure what else to do.

Ayuh,.... My guess is, ya didn't properly hook up the battery,.....

Yer shore power is 120v,....

Yer battery system is 12v,....

Nothin' in common,...

dadtodc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
For what its worth I had a similar issue. I dont have the shore power, but I had a new battery and nothing. Turned out that the positive cable to my battery was corroded on the bottom where it touches the battery. The cable looked great to the eye. the battery wasnt at all corroded. The actual wire itself was burned up/corroded on the bottom. I took apart and cut the bad off. Put it back and had power back.