Minn Kota trolling motor won't work?? ARGG!!

Mike(nj)

Seaman
My so called newer boat(2003) is giving me problems. I've never owned a trolling motor let alone a bow mount one. It wasn't getting power so I by passed the breaker on the battery. Now when I flip the on/off switch on the foot control I hear a click. Any idea's? The prop moves smooth and it swivels nice too by hand.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: Minn Kota trolling motor won't work?? ARGG!!

Look under the foot pedal to see if any wires got pulled loose - or if one of the connectors got bent over where it's making a contact where it shouldn't - sometimes a rope or something can get get dragged through there. It's happened to me before.<br /><br />Also remove the recepticle & inspect it for corrosion - maybe use a tester on it to make sure it's working right.<br /><br />Guess you know to keep a sharp eye on your wiring while that breaker is bypassed! ;)

Mike(nj)

Seaman

Think I got it! I hooked up the motor direct to the battery and it spins fine. I then put all the wires where they should be and tried it. Trolling motor turn L&R but no prop spinning and just clicking from the board. I'll try hitting it a few times and if that doesn't work, must be time for a new control board. <br /><br /> Maybe I should ask the selling to cover this added cost??

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

My Minn kota clicks when i press the on off switch. No idea why, but it runs fine..