depth sounders

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class
depth sounders

HI I have a question for you guys.<br />I"m thinking of geting a depth finder or a depth sounder I don't fish so all I really need is a depth reading.<br />Have any of you used theses depth sounders<br />are they good thanks.

salty87

Commander
Re: depth sounders

i added a hummingbird depth finder, it works great. it's nice to have a little extra comfort knowing exactly how deep the water is, helps to learn the water you're boating on. but, it only tells you where the boat has just been....it won't prevent you from hitting anything as the sensor is usually at the rear of the boat.<br /><br />i went with a thru-hull install in my bilge.

lindb40530

Seaman Apprentice

My fish finder has a depth reading and I find myself using it for that more than I do for fishing. I do a lot of running around on the Colorado River and it's very nice to know what the depth is. I also set it to alarm if I get in less than 5 feet of water. It gives me a heads up although if your doing 50 it's probably too late......

f_inscreenname

Commander

Hawk eye. Good up to 65 mph (tested that more then once). The display is the same size of a 2 and a 1/4” gage. Can also be set (alarm) for max/min depth. Had mine for two years and still works perfect. Cost $85.00.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to Electronics.