MinnKota question

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Ok guys and gals, here is my problem.<br />I have a 65#, 12/24volts trolling motor that is just running on 12Volts.<br /><br />Here is what I have checked and what I have.<br /><br />2 new batteries for trolling motor, n/p.<br /><br />Up front at trolling motor plug each hot post has 13.47 volts on it.<br /><br />But when I operate trolling motor, it just operates on 12V.<br />I checked the 12/24 switch on trolling motor and each post has the same 13.47 volts.<br /><br />Now my question is, are the readings suppose to be like that at each hot post, and if so, is this an indication of bad 12/24 switch on trolling motor?<br /><br />I also have a 12, 12/24, 12Charge switch that makes no difference either.<br /><br />All I know is that I am getting 13.47 volts to each side of 12/24 switch on trolling motor, but it is just running on 12volts.<br /><br />OK, ideas please.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: MinnKota question

I found it. They had the wires coming to trolling motor plug wired wrong.<br />Did not have jumper between 1st and second battery. Had both wired up to front plug and that is why was just getting 13.47 volts to both post on plug.