Fish Finders/Depth Sounders

BaddCb

Recruit
i have a humming bird fish finder that seems to work OK up to 20 mph. Once you hit the 20 mph mark the screen loses the depth reading. I tried to relocate the transducer in a number of different locations and it only seems to get worse. I contacted the help line and they were no help at all. Does anyone have any ideas?

Mod2

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Fish Finders/Depth Sounders

BaddCb....moving this to Electronics and Trolling Motors.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You said it all when you said Humminbird, Baddcb.<br /><br />Get a Lowrance or Eagle with the "Skimmer" transducer.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

cloumar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry BaddCb,<br /><br />But welcome in the club, I have the same dam problem on my boat with that famous Humminbird. :mad: <br /><br />J.B. is right get an Eagle or Lowrance, my brother in law has an Eagle on his and it is rare that he is losing the signal, almost never I could say.<br /><br />Smoky :)

sharkcat

Petty Officer 1st Class

There is another solution to your problem...You are looking for fish to catch arent you??? Slow down at 20 mph by the time they have registered on the screen & you have seen them you are about 200yds past them anyway.Just a thought from downunder where the big fish come to after they have been scared by speeding boats up north :D :D

bubbaboater

Seaman

I have the same problem. I put an Eagle on the boat and don't have any more problems. I have tried many things with the Hummingbird and it didn't make any diference.