trolling motor size

becanan

Recruit
A friend of mine overseas asked me to get a trolling motor for a Coleman inflatable boat. They want to us it as a fake Zodiac for their kids. Can you please tell me what size trolling motor I should get and is there special equipment to some how attach the motor to the boat. Any info would be much appreciated.<br /><br />Thanks!

suzuki40

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: trolling motor size

get the smallest one you can..like a 30# thrust hand controled.12volt that will move the inflatable real well. Cost will be in the $100.00 to $150.00 range. The only thing im not sure of is how the battery will be mounted in an inflatable.<br /><br />Good luck,<br />Suzuki40

becanan

Recruit

Thank you for the information. Do you know if they make inflatable boats that go with trolling motors?

wind knot

Seaman

Sevylor makes a elec motor mount, for inflatables. It's just a tube frame, that slides into the rope holes, with a plywood trasom. A 24lbs Minnkota will work well. Optimax gel battery's are compact and light weight. <br /><br />I had a old Sevylor dingy I bought at Costco years ago. It came with a small electric motor included for about $100. The dingy had a inflatable bag, that the battery fit into.<br /><br />Hey, it wasn't the greatest boat, but we had fun with it!. Hope that helps!, Darrell