Tracker Rewiring

jg

Cadet
I have an '88 Bass Tracker that needs some serious rewiring. Does anyone have any idea where I might find a complete wiring diagram for this boat? Everying in the boat is factory installed, IE: depthfinders, livewell, etc. Any help appreciated.

D

DJ

Re: Tracker Rewiring

jg,<br /><br />You don't need one. Rewire the whole thing.<br /><br />Just use some of the old wires as guides and pull throughs.<br /><br />Remember, don't ground anything to the hull.<br /><br />Start this way.<br /><br />Buy two heavy guage wires (6-8 guage) the proper length to go from the battery to the (a) fuse panel.<br /><br />Hook the positve lead to one side of the fuse panel. Hook the negative to a seperate buss bar.<br /><br />Run all your accesory wires from the fuse panel (other side), to the switches and then to the accesory. <br /><br />Run the return negatives to the negative bus bar.

jg

Cadet

Thank you djohns. That is surely much easier than trying to decipher a diagram. I have power to the motor, so the boat does run, however, excessories like front depthfinder/tilt control (front and back, but does work on the excellerator lever). Trolling motor works too. I'll give it a shot. Thanks again.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Just something to add to djohns good advice....keep track of the wiring you put in. Draw yer own wiring diagram complete with colors. And keep it accessable. Good Luck