Setting Up Navigation (Bow/Stern) Lights on 14' Tracker Jon Boat

FLHANDSTER

Cadet
I have just acquired a 14' Tracker Topper and I am looking to install some NAVIGATION LIGHTS on it for PRE-sundown, and after dark fishing on the water.

My question surrounds the best placement on the boat, a wiring diagram to include both the bow and stern lights, stowing the "Plug-In" pole lights when not being used, and best way to conceal and waterproof the wiring setup.

***Pictures would be helpful***

Thank you for your help!!!

matt167

Captain
Re: Setting Up Navigation (Bow/Stern) Lights on 14' Tracker Jon Boat

Stern light needs to be visable 360* and normally located at the stern and would be for your boat. Nav lights go on the bow.

As far as wiring on a car topper and trying to store the lights. Battery operated is your friend. Portable Battery Powered LED Navigation Lights - iboats

DLaMar

Cadet

No question that navigation and anchor lights will extend the utility of your Topper. But the cost to purchase wiring, connectors, fuse, switch, fixtures, and perhaps tools (wire striper and connector crimp tool), plus the aggravation and time to install just might quickly exceed the cost of the portable light alternative.

FLHANDSTER

Cadet

Stern light needs to be visable 360* and normally located at the stern and would be for your boat. Nav lights go on the bow.

As far as wiring on a car topper and trying to store the lights. Battery operated is your friend. Portable Battery Powered LED Navigation Lights - iboats
My purchase experience thus far has not been favorable with the "C / U Clamp" which comes with many of the portable option sets. There's not enough room to get the C/U clamp around the mounting surface. :grumpy:

To the experienced, DO THE SUCTION CUP MOUNTS REALLY HOLD WELL?

Last edited: