Auto Pilot

mike165

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 215 BR Bayliner with ultaflex hydralic steering and a Minn Kota EM80 mounted on the drive works well trolling for trount
max speed is 5KPH we troll at 3KPH,any recomendations on an Auto pilot,does not need to track a course on GPS,just point the boat where we need to troll and switch on

mike165

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Auto Pilot

I have a 215 BR Bayliner with ultaflex hydralic steering and a Minn Kota EM80 mounted on the drive works well trolling for trount
max speed is 5KPH we troll at 3KPH,any recomendations on an Auto pilot,does not need to track a course on GPS,just point the boat where we need to troll and switch on
Bump

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Auto Pilot

I have a raymarine sport pilot plus and love it. first thing I turn on. don't know what they have now mine is at least 15 years old. had it on three boats now both I/o and outboard. enough power to turn my kicker and main engine together. easy to install on almost any steering system. if its really rough out like 4 footers I have to help it sometimes at trolling speed but other than that its perfect. will also follow my gps if I want to.