wiring diagram for Sun Tracker Ship/shore Electrical Breaker box

TerryVFX

Recruit
Hello, I have a 92 Sun Tracker 32ft party hut that has an electrial problem in the breaker box. I removed the cover and found that several wires have come loose. Tracker Marine sent me schematics for everything except for this box. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this box. For example the coiled pigtail for the ground fault breaker goes to the polarity switch - does this make sense? This box is under the sink and has: Shore/off/ Generator switch, polarity switch with a light, ground fault breaker and individual breakers with outlets for appliance plugs. Thanks, Terry

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: wiring diagram for Sun Tracker Ship/shore Electrical Breaker box

Post a picture of the box and the wiring (A nice clear picture big enough to see) someone may be able to see the problem.

Hello, I have a 92 Sun Tracker 32ft party hut that has an electrial problem in the breaker box. I removed the cover and found that several wires have come loose. Tracker Marine sent me schematics for everything except for this box. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this box. For example the coiled pigtail for the ground fault breaker goes to the polarity switch - does this make sense? This box is under the sink and has: Shore/off/ Generator switch, polarity switch with a light, ground fault breaker and individual breakers with outlets for appliance plugs. Thanks, Terry

There are rules about netrual connetions between shore power and generator power (single point of neutral and ground connection) so the ground fault breaker neutral going to a switch might not be as odd as you think. Diagrams and pictures will help as well as explaining what the problem you are having is. Not being rude or condescending shore/generator power should not be played with unless you have a good understanding of the system and the rules.

TerryVFX

Recruit

Post a picture of the box and the wiring (A nice clear picture big enough to see) someone may be able to see the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will post a picture when I get home... gone for a few days. Terry

TerryVFX

Recruit

There are rules about netrual connetions between shore power and generator power (single point of neutral and ground connection) so the ground fault breaker neutral going to a switch might not be as odd as you think. Diagrams and pictures will help as well as explaining what the problem you are having is. Not being rude or condescending shore/generator power should not be played with unless you have a good understanding of the system and the rules.

I will diagram what I have when I get back to the boat and I will take pictures. When the neutral confused a local electrician I decided to seek help on this forum. These Sun Tracker Party huts were made for many years so I was hoping that someone had a wiring diagram, or schematic of the switch box but this is proving to be difficult. Many of these boats manufactured in the 90's look very similar so I assumed they had the same switch box.

I will try to educate myself on the basics of shore power/ generator wiring re ground and neutral from a safety standpoint. Aluminum boat, water, electricity... I appreciate your caution. I will not modify anything without qualified help. Thank you