Wiring Diagram for livewell pumps and bilge pump

dragula65000

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ya'll I got a 1989 hydrasport fish n ski. Im gettin her ready to sell, cleanin up old connections, puttin new pumps in and what not. Well, While cleaning the wires, I got a little too cliper happy with the stock wiring, and now its all screwed up. I fixed the grounds, and now my problem is I have 2 or 3 extra brown wires I have no idea where they go to. Spent the better part of 8 hours straight trying to figure out this nightmare. I found a hot brown wire, I've hooked that wire up to different components, and then had to jump it to the battery to get them to work. They all work, I'm just trying to figure out how to route it all. I've looked at the generic diagram in the sticky, and thats all it is...generic. I have 2 livewell pumps, one bilge. All switches are good. IF anyone has some sort of diagram so I can find out how these go that would be great. I do know, that before I clipped them, I had 2 brown wires going into one brown wire, but I didnt pay attention to where it went before I clipped them. Thanks.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
Re: Wiring Diagram for livewell pumps and bilge pump

Here is your bilge pump wiring. You'll notice two brown wires. The hot wire goes directly from the battery to the switch and then pigtails into the pump. The other brown wire goes to the float switch. This allows the bilge pump to run when the 3-way switch is put into manual mode or when the float switch gets elevated by water (automatic). One of the brown wires should have a white tracer stripe on it but I don't know if your boat was wired the same.

BPD.gif

The livewell pump is similiar. Hot wire to one side of the livewell switch and then on to the pump. .The ground wire should go to either a ground buss bar or to the battery ground. Simply flipping on the switch would then turn on the livewell pump.

dragula65000

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I forgot about that stupid float. Both wires were broke on it, and I wasnt about to spend a ton of money on it. I have about 5 brown wires, 2 of them I have no clue where they go. What Im looking for is an actual diagram in the back of the boat.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Your boat may have been equipped with 2 bilge/float combos. That would explain the extra set of brown wires. If all else fails, pull new wire and do it correctly and be done with it.

dragula65000

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What I did was just connect both livewell pumps together. Works great. Got the wiring figured out, and hooked everything up, and now the bilge pump isnt working. I have 2 switches, one up front and one by the steering wheel. I can easily test the bow switch to see if IM having power. I did earlier, and when i went to make the final connection, it totally crapped out and the fuse is still good. Even swapped the one from the livewell just to make sure. How to I go about by testing these switches? Also, whats the best way to make sure Im getting power to the switches?