Trim tab switch problems?

reel clownz

Seaman
I have a set of tabs from boat lever inc. Well The switch went bad. They want 75 bucks for a new one. But i was thinking why couldnt i just buy 2 double pull double throw momentary on =off=momentary on switches. Has anybody try to replace there switch with an aftermarket switch other than one from the manufacturere. As far as i can tell from the schematic. The switch is always powered all i have to do is move the power to activate the pump and move the soleniod. Either up or down. Any insite would be great!!?? Thanks

wire2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Trim tab switch problems?

One double pole, double throw momentary switch will do it just fine, as long as the current rating is at least that of the pump motor. Connect + and - to the 2 center terminals, the pump leads to an outside pair, with X jumpers to the opposite pair.

ChampionShip

Petty Officer 1st Class

One double pole, double throw momentary switch will do it just fine, as long as the current rating is at least that of the pump motor. Connect + and - to the 2 center terminals, the pump leads to an outside pair, with X jumpers to the opposite pair.

How do you level out an unbalanced load with one switch?

reel clownz

Seaman

thanks wire 2 for the help. i think championship he means 2 you wouldnt be able to to it with just one. Essentialy all im trying to do is operate each one independently. ohh they are rated 20 amp per switch. The jumpers are made internally im just going to do it on the outside of the switch thats all.

ChampionShip

Petty Officer 1st Class

We have momentary toggle switches from Bennett on both flybridge and lower helm, never had an issue till last year, swapped out lower switches to just standard momentary toggles and solved that issue.