Advice on this Deep Cycle Battery?

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Re: Advice on this Deep Cycle Battery?

Its just my opinion, but I would never own another lead acid battery. I used to own nothing but DieHards until 2001, when I switched to AGM. Sure they cost more, but they last appropriately longer.

I'm now 100% Deka, and I get them online with free shipping. My first one was for a jetski and its still in use. Its not just the longevity, but the low maintenance that I like. They charge up fast and hold the charge longer.

I just bought a group 24 Gel trolling motor battery for $140 out the door. Sears sold the same basic model but it was substantially higher.

Philster

Captain

That is a Deep Cycle battery.. Yes. Lead Acid batteries are okay options to keep costs down (up front). Deep Cycle batteries are configured to accept lots of charging and use up/down. A starting battery is better at keeping a strong surface charge for firing the engine up.

Andyfender

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That is a Deep Cycle battery.. Yes. Lead Acid batteries are okay options to keep costs down (up front). Deep Cycle batteries are configured to accept lots of charging and use up/down. A starting battery is better at keeping a strong surface charge for firing the engine up.

Is it a good deal?

Philster

Captain

Generally, Sears offers good deal on batteries. I can't do comparison shopping, but Sears is trusted and generally offers competitive pricing.

You could save 10-20 bucks and getter a battery with less reserve power.

Decent deal, though.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

Is it a good deal?

Without a google search I can't say if it is good or bad. I haven't bought a battery from Sears in quite some time because batteries are so cheep online.

Check for yourself.