Humminbird Wide One Hundred Compatibility

Hello -

Recently purchased my first boat and in came with a Humminbird Wide One Hundred Depth/Fish finder. The control head is acting up and I would like to replace it. So, my question is this: what other Humminbird units (if any) are drop-in compatible with the mounting bracket for the Wide One Hundred unit? The transducer seems to be functioning O.K., so I'd prefer to only replace the control head, if possible.

Any assistance is certainly appreciated! Thanks...

John_S

Rear Admiral
Re: Humminbird Wide One Hundred Compatibility

I believe the Wide 100 uses a 2 pin straight connector transducer, where most now use the 2 to 7 pin connector (house shaped). You can convert your tilt/swivel for the more modern matrix/300/500/700 series mount for about $7. Converting your transducer to the "house shaped" requires a cable changer $25. This is probably not worth it, unless you are getting a new unit and want to set-up a second station.

You would have to varify, but think 100 SX and maybe 200DX are head compatable. Try HB tech support.

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer

Worth noting that wide 100's and similar aged units are readily available on Ebay if your happy with the unit. Just ask the seller for a picture of the connector (for match-up against yours) if you spring for a Wide 128, one, eye etc (which I believe will fit.)

LiLGrady17

Seaman

Acting up how? Same situation, a WIDE Hundred came with my boat as well.
Unit was locking up, giving wrong depths, turning off ect.. Wound up finding the transducer cable chaffed bad on a screw from the previous owners lack of detail in his install so I attributed the errors to this problem.. Price of the new ducer was 2/3's to a lower end, brand new unit from HBird, plus the WIDE is an older unit, so I went with a new bottom machine.. Check your wire carefully..

Thanks, everyone, for the responses!

imported_John_S - you are correct regarding transducer connection - 2 pin straight. Thanks for the other info regarding upgrade options!

Wee Hooker - thanks for the Ebay tip. Have found many auctions I'm now watching for possible straight-up replacement. This is certainly simplest option!

LiLGrady17 - Regarding behavior, the unit seems to give correct readings while running, but randomly either locks up or shuts down. It might run properly for 2+ hours without a problem, and then run intermittently for the rest of the day. Boat is a 97 Glastron GS180 Fish&Ski, and it seems transducer is hull-mount from factory.

I do know that previous owner had an "electrical incident" where battery was disconnected while running (97 Evinrude, 90 HP, 6A unregulated), and boat has had electrical problems (e.g. fried gauges) ever since. Appears rectifier has been replaced. Still sorting out problems, but Humminbird could certainly have been compromised...