Battery Selection ??????

wewefirex2x

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am looking to replace my starting battery. Right now I have a 24 group starting battery with 500 cca that has tested fine at Sears. I do not know the age. The sticker on the side says 7/2. I also have a deep cycle battery that is fine as well.

The motor I have is a Chevy 305, when I fully charge battery and start the boat it acts like its not getting enough juice. The battery cables have been replaced as well as being a 2008 motor.

My question is, Sears has batteries with the same 500 CCA. The others they sell say (meet industry standard) that doesnt say much. AutoZone has a dual purpose battery with 1000 cca. What to do? The battery I am purchasing is for starting only. Cannot find a decent battery that wont break the bank.

john from md

Commander
Re: Battery Selection ??????

Buy a Walmart Marine Maxx and you will get 800 CCA for the same or less money. They also have a great return policy.

John

rndn

Commander

I agree with the above response.

flargin

Chief Petty Officer

Ditto.

Don't let your battery drain over the winter and you will get better performance and a longer life.

Is it a new boat, or just a new motor? 1 year on a set of cables is pretty fast to go out, if it is an '08 boat.