Cranking/Deep Cycle Battery and Accessories

dwhite1031

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have installed a dual purpose cranking/deep cycle battery in my 16 foot aluminum Tracker. I have my engine cable (30 HP) attached for cranking it, and of course my trolling motor (46lb), as well as the boat accessory harness (powers the live well pump, bilge pump, nav lights, and fish finder).

I haven't had it back out since installing this new dual purpose battery, but was curious if the trolling motor will cause interference with the fish finder since they are both on this battery.

I also have both sets of leads from my dual bank onboard charger attached.

Thanks,

flargin

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Cranking/Deep Cycle Battery and Accessories

Unlikely. they should be fine.

Make sure you have a rope to pull start your motor in case you get too excited chasing the fish and troll down too much power :rolleyes:

dwhite1031

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Cranking/Deep Cycle Battery and Accessories

Unlikely. they should be fine.

Make sure you have a rope to pull start your motor in case you get too excited chasing the fish and troll down too much power :rolleyes:

Thanks. Oh yeah, we love the fishing.

The outboard is a 2009 Mercury 30 HP 4 stroke. It has a pull start as well as an electric start. Their web site and literature note that as a selling point. Seems to pull pretty easy but I'm having the wife do curls and tricep push downs :D and I'm carrying a Vector "power pack" just in case I ever need to jump it.