Fuse Connection

gkosel

Seaman
I have a problem that first happened last year in the middle of the lake. We had to drift to shore and find a guy to tow me back home.​

What I have found is that there is a problem with my ignition fuse. Everything else works fine. In order to fix the problem that has now happened to me twice, I need to move the fuse (barrel type) around and/or take it out of the holder and then put it back in again.​

Does anyone have any tips on how to establish a better connection between the fuse and the fuse holder?​

Thanks,​

rndn

Commander
Re: Fuse Connection

Replace the holder with the newer style fuse holders with a weather proof connection.

gkosel

Seaman

I kind of miswrote what how the fuse goes in. It is actually a fuse block attached under the helm with a main line going back to the battery.

Everything else on the block works great. I am guess that I just need to rough up the metal brackets a bit or something.

I have heard of people using pencil erasors etc., for battery connections in household appliances. Maybe that would work here too.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is a pic of the fuse block I am speaking of:

IMG_1087.JPG

sschefer

Rear Admiral

Clean the connections at the fuze holder well. Coat the connections lightly with Silicon dielectric grease and re-install. Use minimal grease and only coat the connector portions of the fuze holder. You can buy dielectric grease at most autoparts stores.

flargin

Chief Petty Officer

best option - replace with a new ATF (blade type automotive) fuse box.

otherwise, sand clips on the inside, lightly push inward, sand or replace fuse, reinstall, wait for it to happen again.

Might want to swap the Map fuse and Ign fuse and connecting wires. Ignition is more important than a map light.