Replace nav light bulb on Crest pontoon

I am trying to replace a nav light on a Crest pontoon. I cannot get the light apart. I think it is an old Attwood but am not sure. The boat is a 1998. The light housing is white and is riveted to a fiberglass housing. There is a slot on each side that looks like you would stick a screw driver in and it would snap apart. It doesn't seem to want to come apart and I don't want to force it. There is a single phillips screw in the back but it is mounted so close to the housing that you can't get a screwdriver on it and it is riveted to that housing so you can't take it off the housing to be able to get the screwdriver on it. I can't find any pics on line or anything about it. Anybody have any ideas based on my weak discription?

robuna

Recruit
Re: Replace nav light bulb on Crest pontoon

Have you had any luck? I am having the same exact problem. Let me know if you found out anything. THanks, Rob

Re: Replace nav light bulb on Crest pontoon

I called the dealer and he confirmed what I thought. You have to pop the top off. It seperates where the screw slots are. The downside is that they often break when trying to pry them apart. Once off, you can loosen the screw in the back to get the unit apart.