Mercury Thruster Plus

Arkman

Chief Petty Officer
I received a free mercury thruster plus that is missing the bracket that holds it to the boat. I have the pivot arm but I'm looking to fabricate that bracket you fasten it down with.

Does anyone have one of these they can send me a photo of. I can't seem to locate any photos of this particular model.

Thank!

kabcpapc

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Mercury Thruster Plus

Is this motor a bow mount or transom mount? Is it a Motorguide? The reason I'm asking is because I have an old (1977) Mercury Thruster foot controlled bow mount which was actually made by Mercury. The one I have still works but the electrical wiring is shot. The insulation has fallen off the wire. No parts available for it so I'll have to get a new motor.

dieselmax

Seaman

search on ebay also xxx.boats.nxt seems to have parts for these haven't dealt there yet but plan on ordering new brushes and gear drive for mine exploded view can be found here http://xxx.ishopmarine.cxm/ishop/js...&isForSupStore=false&cCatFilter=&eCatSupFldr=

hope this helps it's what i've found while looking for parts for mine

update have ordered parts from xxx.boats.nxt and crowleymarine.cxm hope to have it together today

Last edited:

Arkman

Chief Petty Officer

Is this motor a bow mount or transom mount? Is it a Motorguide? The reason I'm asking is because I have an old (1977) Mercury Thruster foot controlled bow mount which was actually made by Mercury. The one I have still works but the electrical wiring is shot. The insulation has fallen off the wire. No parts available for it so I'll have to get a new motor.

Its a bow mount foot controlled. Do you have a photo of your motor? The motor on my works, I'm just missing the bracket that you mount it to the boat. It has the pivot arm, just not that bracket. If you have a photo of that bracket that would be awesome. Would you want to part with that piece?

Josh

kabcpapc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Its a bow mount foot controlled. Do you have a photo of your motor? The motor on my works, I'm just missing the bracket that you mount it to the boat. It has the pivot arm, just not that bracket. If you have a photo of that bracket that would be awesome. Would you want to part with that piece?

Josh

I'll try to get a picture taken and uploaded. If I can't find replacement wiring for mine, I would consider parting with the bracket that mounts to the boat. I'm in Macon, Georgia.

Arkman

Chief Petty Officer

Well, I will test mine again to make sure that the motor works fine. It did last time it was turned on...if I have a problem with the motor, I can send you the wires..those should all be fine. If you can't find your wires you need I'll take your mount(assuming mine motor still works). When its all over one of us should end up with a working motor!

kabcpapc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Josh

Three pics uploaded. Hope they are okay. BTW, my motor's serial number is 474111.

Attachments

• yuh 106 2.jpg
    yuh 106 2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1
  • yuh 107 2.jpg
    yuh 107 2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 1
  • yuh 108 2.jpg
    yuh 108 2.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1

Arkman

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for the pic. Those will help if I have to fabricate a bracket myself.

So I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if this is a 12v or 24v. I dont really know what that means for me if its one or the other, but I'm trying research what I need to make this bad boy work.

Thanks!

kabcpapc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Mine is a 12v. I don't know if Mercury made a 24v Thruster.

Arkman

Chief Petty Officer

Thats what i thought. I can find very little information online on this motor. I guess it will be trial and error.

Thanks for the info!

you can find wiring at a electrical supply house and wire it yourself. wiring on inside should be ok easy to do.

dimsdale45

Recruit

Hiya folks!
I just purchased what appears to be the same exact motor (It even has that, what appears to be a weed guard bar)for $35 bucks this week. Mercury Marine Thruster- Serial # 5363371 The number was VERY hard to discern). I can find VERY little info on it but, what I do find is that on EVERY one of them the battery wire insulation has deteriorated and stripped from it. Including the one I got. I cleaned up the wires, applied vaseline for better conductivity and re-insulated them by putting them through rubber tubing, lol! I had to do some other shade tree tricks (clean the fuse contacts, etc) and last night hooked it up to a 12 volt and everything functions well. I too, am not sure if 24 volts can be used to get more thrust? I did see someones pic of the same motor for sale as a R 45 Thruster but, It has amazed me how little info I can get on this from the internet even with that info. It seems that Mercury Marine was acquired by Motorguide. The tag on mine says Mercury Marine and refers to Brunswick Corp.
I hope that maybe, you can glean some useful tidbit of info here. Perhaps, if you have anything further that you have found, you too will post it?
Or, ANYONE for that matter.
Thanks, to you all, for being here!