EZ ACDC Pre-made Wiring Harness - Thoughts/Reviews

Maxx102

Seaman Apprentice
Hello everyone,

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have aquired the new switches and then asked about fuses or breakers. After receiving some feedback, I went online to find some marine grade wire to rewire the boat and I mean every is going to be rewired.

I will be redoing the wire for the nav. lights (we had some critters get in there and chewed up the wiring), stern light, horn, bilge pump, depth finder, and the dash mounted engine tilt up/down switch.

Additionally we want to add some itmes such as a AM/FM CD Radio, rope lights or LED's to see at night.

At first I thought I would just buy a ton of marine grade wire and run two feeds - one from the Postitive bus and one from the negative bus.

Then I came across this product from EZACDC.com and it is a pre-made wiring harness which would save me a ton of time and includes a fuse box all ready to go. It appears that all I have to do is put the wires into split-loom conduit (to keep the critters at bay) and I am good to go.

http://ezacdc.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=34

I was wondering if anyone else has used this product and if so, how do you like it?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: EZ ACDC Pre-made Wiring Harness - Thoughts/Reviews

as long as the leads are long enough, looks pricey. but by them time you bought all the parts not bad. does it come with the mating plug for the accessories?

Maxx102

Seaman Apprentice

I don't know if it comes with mating plugs or not, that's why I was asking if anyone here has used this wiring harness.

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,...

A couple problems I see with that product,...
1),..It has the Fancy connectors,.... None of your boat's acc.s have those connectors,...
So you Still have Splices putting it together...

2),..I could build Better,... Cheaper,... More Custom....;)

Maxx102

Seaman Apprentice

I agree that it has none of the fancy connectors that our family boat has, but concidering I am putting in new wire in everywhere, it doesn't really matter.

Rocky_Road

Lieutenant Commander

I like it!

Considering how much I paid for the little bit of tinned marine wire, that I have...this looks darn good.

I would be using this...if this was my project.