motorguide wire diagram

leserz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
i need a wire diagram for a motorguide brute. compitition dura amp 2 says on the head that's white in color. now the motor that's Black from whats left on the decal says 45 lb thrust. made in mexico. the foot pedal is black low profile plastic says 1985. that normal white head black motor? appears to be 12 volt. went to see if it ran? nope nothing at all. moved the switch from low to high nothing. now after i brought it back inside to look it over i see there is a reset button under the pedal assy. also noticed that the run switch on the pedal it self has two wires going to it.. thing is there is a extra wire with a terminal that is long side the switch but there are only two screws on the switch no idea where that third wire goes. on the hi speed by pass switch was falling apart. so i used a jumper wire the hi speed bypass has two wires to it but there are three terminals on it. any hints or know of a wire diagram for it ? i hope i made some sense of this.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: motorguide wire diagram

Not a clue -- but have you ever heard "a picture is worth a thousand words?"
The best place to start is always at the manufacturer. They very often have troubleshooting info on their web site.

leserz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

this is the troll mtr. and one of the switch's this is the one in the middle of the peddal there are only 2 terminals 3 wires the hole on the right has no brass threaded for a serew. not sure uf 1 terminal has two wires or not. under the head there are these numbers molded into it. 2015872P i have seen a site but they want the model nunber of the motor i don't know what it is.

92plyvan081.jpg

92plyvan083.jpg

92plyvan082.jpg

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

I've had some dealing with motorguide trolling motors but that is newer then mine I believe. If that trolling motor is anything like mine it should only have 2 wires going to the micro push button switch. The micro push button switch that I'm talking about is in your hand in your picture. If you look close if I remember right the bottom of the switch should be marked on each terminal/screw hole. The 2 wires running to the switch on mine are black, and black and yellow. The yellow and black wire (or whatever the color is on your) runs from the micro push button switch to the speed adjustment switch, the black wire runs straight to the negative on the terminal strip or bar.

I believe your local marina may carry a replacement micro push button switch, call to find out first if you think that is part of the problem. See if this diagram works, I drew this up when I was modifying my trolling motor with electric steering. Just avoid the green, blue, purple, and red wires to the right and that box they hook to those are part of my electric steering modification. Hope this helps.

trollingmotorb-2.jpg

leserz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hey thanks for the diagram.
i'm not sure if it is the micro switch that's bad or the motor or what. it came with the boat.i do not want to spend any money on any thing till i can see the motor spinning. all i know now i have a extra wire. and the motor not working at this point

leserz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

i called motorguide today. they can't figure out what model i have?

leserz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

well i did get the motor to spin . on the micro switch it had two heavy black wires hooked up to it.there was no power to ether of the black wires. the red laying next to the micro switch did have power. so i disconnected one of the black wires and connected the red wire. did nothing . so i disconnected the the hi bypass switch and used a jumper wire between the only two wires to it a red and a orange wire. hit the micro switch and motor ran but only on what might have been high. disconnect the jumpre wire from the hi bypass then nothing. turned the speed dial did not change the speed. now i still have one wire left over and don't know where it goes. i took off the cover for the head to look at the circuit board for the dura amp did not see any burnt spots but i did not take it all out for a real good look. so i'm stumped why no variable speed.
motorguide003.jpg

motorguide001.jpg

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

No problemo on the diagram. You might have a bad speed switch. Or it might still be in the wiring still, being that one wire that you said was left over, or maybe crossed wires.