1987 Bayliner Capri 2.3L OMC Cobra

OMC1987

Recruit
Please Help,
I just aquired this boat (1987 Bayliner Capri 2.3L OMC Cobra) which needed a good washing. After powerwashing, including the engine, with Simple Green then water, I get no power to the fuse panel (Horn, Bilge, Nav Lights, Radio, etc.) The previous owner said those components worked before without anything else needing to be on.

The engine will crank/run and I have tilt. I followed the larger than other wires(Red w/ Blue Stripe) back to the engine which plugges into the big black connector. (Which I un-plugged and plugged back together.) The Large Black Ground also follows this path. I didn't see any fuses along the way. I did see a small/short male two-pin bootie connector (By the solenoids), but no female connector to plugg it into, thinking maybe I blasted apart.

Please let me know what you think before I snip and direct connect it ti the battery w/ an in-line fuse.
Thank You for your time and consideration,
OMC1987:confused:

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1987 Bayliner Capri 2.3L OMC Cobra

Normally those items should have nothing to do with the main engine harness. There should be a separate heavy wire going from the battery through a main fuse and up to the dash panel with individual fuses for each circuit. Is there a main battery switch in the boat?

OMC1987

Recruit

Thanks for the reply,
There is no main batery switch, that I know of. I could be wrong. The only wires I have comming off the batery are the Red (+) going to a main solenoid and the Black(-) ground going to the engine block.

No wires to my knowledge have been moved and/or removed.

Theres just that larger than other wires(Red w/ Blue Stripe) that goes from the main side of the fuse pannel along with the Black (Ground) wire and it goes back to the engine and plugges into the big black harness connector.

Thanks Again.
:confused:

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

OMC1987

Recruit

Thanks again for your input.
Those links should give me some idea where to go with my trusty test light.
As far as I know nothing was tampered with and/or changed from the previous owner.
I just have that one (Red w/blue stripe) coming from the harness connector and ending (rusted on/un-tampered with) at the positive feed terminal of the fuse panel along with the same condition ground.
There are a seperate gorup of wires that head to the ignition switch.
All my gagues work, trim/tilt and ignition. It's just everything fed off that glass fuse panel; i.e., Blower Motor, Nav Lights, Horn, Bilge, ect.
Anyway... Thank you for the map and I guess I'll start hunting with the test light.
Would you by chance have a diagram for a 1986 Ford OMC Cobra 2.3L???

Thank you for all your time and consideration!

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

OMC1987

Recruit

Yes, I went from the (+) pole of the fuse panel to the stbd. gunnel. Then from there baack to the transom. Then follows the transom to above the drive opening and then down to the Cannon connector.
I thought I tried to test for 12volts when I disconnected it (with nothing) and will test again.
I do have a 1987 OMC Ford Cobra, but wanted to see if that diagram had a (Red w/ blue stripe) marked wire.
Thanks Again.