Jensen Marine Audio, Good or Bad?

Lund

Seaman Apprentice
I'm looking at the Jensen MSR2007 which is basically a head unit that will hook up to an IPOD, radio or Sat radio.

http://www.asaelectronics.com/detail.html?catid=&pid=207

Can't find any reviews on this model anywhere or any other Jensen marine items. I was always under the impression that Jensen was far from being a good name.

Any opinions would be great, thanks.

slia67

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Jensen Marine Audio, Good or Bad?

What is this stereo going in? Is it exposed to the weather constantly? Where do you boat? The reason I ask, because you can get a better quality automotive head-unit for alot less money. But, thats only if you can get by with mounting it in a stereo box with a cover to keep the UV rays away, or in a cabin somewhere.

Doug

Lund

Seaman Apprentice

Hey thanks for the reply. It's going into an open aluminum fishing boat. I found this unit as it is waterproof on its own. Also I found it for 149.00

Fish n Geer

Petty Officer 1st Class

From what i know Jensen has been around a longtime.Cant be too bad.Been looking to.Dont need nothing big and fancy.Just something to listen to the ball game or some tunes while fishin.

MikDee

Banned

Jensen is not bad atall, at one time, they were the highest rated car stereo, I had one yrs ago, I liked alot, even nowadays their speakers, & amps are quite good for the money, although not top end audio.