Need Help Wiring Lowe Sprite Pro Boat

Folks I am trying very hard to get an older model Lowe Sprite Pro 16' Bass Boat operational. The previous owner messed up all of the wiring and I am trying to re-wire the electricals. Can you please tell me where I can got to find a wiring diagram for this boat. The VIN # is 19BEG1117MCD10002.

Any help or advice you can render me will be appreciated more than you will ever know.

Thanks,

Paul Maples

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral
Re: Need Help Wiring Lowe Sprite Pro Boat

Marine wiring is pretty universal, meaning there are typically color codes that are followed to meet industry standards. Here is a color code chart and a diagram that may help.

MarineColorCodeChart.jpg

InstrumentPanelWiring01.jpg

Thanks Reel Poor for the information, it is greatly appreciated. I am trying to wire this boat for my neighbor as a favor and you know how this usually goes.

We put the boat in my shop a few minutes ago. It has a stern light on a stanchion and the Port & Starboard Lights in the front on a stanchion plus a bilge pump. This is all it has as for as the wiring goes. The trolling motor connector is hot and works fine as does the depth finder plug in so all I have to figure out is the lights and bilge pump.

He has switches and wires laying all over the bottom of the boat so it will probably end up being a complete rewire job.

I will take the electrical drawing you sent me and the wire codes and start on it tomorrow. I will let you know how I make out.

Many thanks my friend for the help.

Paul

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

I posted this here so others can also see whats going on.

I went out and after a series of problems I now have anchor lights. However I do not have navigational lights. This is a very simple circuit. It has a 3-way switch that controls only the anchor lights and running lights. The boat has a small 10" Bi-Color Stowaway Combination light for the running lights. I have 12 volts from ground to each pin at the base of the running lights but the light will not light up. I even went and purchased a complete new light, base and all and again I have 12 volts from the ground pin to the gray and blue wires on the running light pins but it will not light up. Is there something I am missing here?

In the bi-colored light (single bulb) there should only be two pins, one is 12 volt, the other is ground. If both wires have power the light can't work.

Someone may have changed the switch and replaced it wit a standard three position switch which will not work for the navigation lighting circuit. Someone will correct me if i'm wrong here but I think it takes a double pole double throw switch (DPDT). These switches have six terminals.

Reel Poor the switch does have six terminals. In the center position everyting is off and then if you flip it up you have navigational lights, flip it down and you have anchor lights only. There are three wires coming out from the Bi-color light, Black, Gray and Blue. I know that black is ground, the blue wire has a constant 12 volts on it no matter what postion the switch is in, the gray wire only has 12 volts on it when switched into the navigational mode. Should I try dis-connectiong the blue wire that has constant power on it and just use the black and gray wires?

The light itself has three wires coming from it and the base has three pins and three wires coming out of it.

Thanks,

Paul

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

I don't know why a light (like the one in the pic below) would have three wires. This is a single bulb light which only requires two wires, black and grey.

If your talking about a combination mast head/all round light it would have the three wires you are describing.

What is the brand and model number of the light and the base your trying to install?

23_5092107.jpg

Reel Poor the picture of the light you sent me is exactly what I have. I went out to the shop this morning and did some experimenting on the wiring and here is what I doscovered.

Coming up out of the boat is three wires that go to the base of the light socket, Black, White and Grey. I took a flashlight and looked down into the small hole where the socket bolted into the boat and saw that the gray wire coming from the switch was spliced into the blue wire coming from the socket base. In other words the wires that run from the switch to the front of the boat was black, gray and blue. The white wire that came out of the boat at the socket base had been spliced into the gray wire coming from the switch.

I tried just hooking up the black wire from the switch to the black wire coming from the socket base and then only wire up one of the other wires at a time and this did not work. I then decided to take the black wire from the socket and twist it together with the blue wire from the socket and connect these two wires to the black wire from the switch. I then connected the gray wire from the socket base to the white wire from the boat which was actually the gray wire from the switch. WALLA!!!, the lights worked perfectly. The anchor light would light up by itself in the Anchor Position of the switch and when I put the switch on Navigational Lights the anchor light and navigational lights would light....perfect.

The actual switch I have is called a Attwood 12-Volt 1-mile Bi-Color Pole Lamp #5092.

This has been a real brain blower but with your help I think I have gotten it going. I then went to see why the aerator on the live well was not running and found the motor was locked up so I gave it this motor back to the neighbor (the owenr) ansd told him to get me one. Once I get the new motor and install the new switch I will be done with this freebe project.

I really appreciate you staying with me on this, I would have probably give up without your help.

Paul

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Glad ya got it straightened out Paul. :)

Fishstick1962

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Some nav lights also have a small white deck light and a switch built in. The three prong socket supplies constant power to this white light. You can't replace this style nav light with a regular one. I learned the hard way. It screws up the whole system because the socket is wired different. You half to rewire the socket to use a reg nav light.