DVA adapter

sam am I

Commander
I'll bite,

@mike_i

hf = Harbor Freight, dva = Direct Voltage Adaptor

@tblshur

IDK

A meter with a "Peak Hold" function is what I use, same diff. Several Fluke meter's for example are plenty fast enough to capture what we deal with on our motors and beyond .

Note that the "Min/Max" function are usually is too slow to capture the higher speed transient nature type signals we're dealing with on our motors, just depends on the signal speed and meter's min/max spec.

Could get one of these and use your standard $9.99 HF meter set on DC. I would NOT get one of these, TOTAL RIPOFF!!

Or, roll your own

Last edited:

tblshur

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Sam I am thank you very much for your help hope you have a great day/year :joyous:

sam am I

Commander
Absolutely and thank you, not too bad so far..........Could be worse?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I actually built my own DVA having a few quality multi-meters (Flukes). But heck for the price, the Amazon adapter one looks like a great deal with the leads to me. Just my opinion!

sam am I

Commander
Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Better hurry, these are going to go fast at these rock bottom prices, such a deal eh? Sorta like CDI's pricing? Merc sure must put magic in those lil mysterious black boxes!! But hey, Merc also included those Chinese leads too!!..........LMAO!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Mercury...-/162860642979

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Mer...gAAOSwPKley~My

OMG Sam :jaw:, how can they sell those with a straight face? I know exactly how to make such an adapter and even IF all the very few parts inside had their leads made out of gold, there is no reason for such a price... Rip off doesn't even begin to explain that. If they are selling them for those prices, I am going to start making them and cut their prices in half and make a killing... :doh:

sam am I

Commander
Knowledge is power my friend........it's just too bad most American's like to be told what to think (insert Fox news here) instead of going out, doing some work and educating themselves on facts.