brute motorguide setup

Hug

Recruit
I have a brute motorguide that I just got I know it’s set up for a bow installation but I want to use it on my raft as a transit is there a bracket the will fit on the shaft to use this way

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well first things first....

:welcome:to iboats. Always great to have a new member...

If I understand you correctly, you bought a bow mount trolling motor and want to use is as a transom mount setup? If so, why didn't you buy the transom mount version? Or is this trolling motor bought used? Either way, it looks like you may have to fashion an adapter to convert it to your needs. Not being there to see what you are trying to do, I would make an adapter that fits sideways so the trolling motor can be stowed in the least amount of space. Then when you need to use it, deploy it and the TM will drop into the water and allow you to navigate your raft like you want it to.

Post up a picture or three so we can get a better idea what you are dealing with and offer much better ideas. JMHO

The pictures need to be sized lower the 2M or they will not post...

Reactions: Hug

Hug

Recruit
Yes it’s used and I’m on a budget so trying to work with what I have thank you for the info

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Okay, the typical bow mount trolling motor has a stow away type mounting assembly. So make something to mount the stow away bracket to, and set it up so that when it is stowed, it is NEARLY parallel with the back of the raft. That way it gives you the most room inside the raft. Then when you pull the trolling motor up to set it into the water in the typical fashion, the slight angle will allow it to go over the raft back and into the water to be used. I can visualize such a setup, but it is a lot harder to explain that idea in words. If you need more info, let me know and I'll see if I can draw something up for you.