2001 Evinrude 150 (E150FPLSIG)

Mnj1mxd

Cadet
I have a used 2001 evinrude 150 that needs new Deutsch 6 pin plugs. I have the new plugs to install but i haven’t been able to find a diagram with the pin layout. Does anyone know what color goes to what PIN number?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
If you are discussing the connectors that go to the ign key and System Check gauge, the pins are listed in a factory service manual. Those are the only 6 pin connectors I see.

Mnj1mxd

Cadet
Yes, there are two 6 pin connectors that come from the motor and connect to the boat, one is a male and the other is female connector, these are the ones I need. I don’t have a service manual because I haven’t been able to verify a good manual.
would it be possible for you to give me the layout of both connectors?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
You can order a service manual by model number at the marineengine web site.

Can you not match the wire colors?

My manual shows the first connector, which looks to be for ignition switch: 1: black/yellow; 2 yellow/red; 3 black/white; 4 purple; 5 red/purple; 6 purple/white

Purple/white is choke; black/white is ground

The system check connector is: 1 grey; 2 tan/orange; 3 black; 4 tan/black; 5 tan/yellow; 6 tan.

Mnj1mxd

Cadet
Thank you Chris, that was very helpful. I do have a discrepancy with the six wire, my motor has a black brown. Should assume it’s the same?

i looked at marine engines for my manual but my model isn’t listed. E150FPLSIG is my model however, I do see one that ends with an F.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
The info I gave if from a '98 Johnny J150EXECD. I do not have a black/brown wire.

There is a black/orange which is spliced into the shift assist harness.

You will need to trace out the black/brown. If it is the only black wire on the ign switch, it is likely ground.

Black/tan is trim sender for gauge.