Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What goes with a lowrance LGC 3000?

Hello

Just bought a boat that doesn't have any fish finders but it does have the black thingy at the bottom of the transom as well as a gps receiver that says lowrance lgc3000. What fish finder will work with it? I think it would be logical to get one that would work with it. It is the one that goes beside the steering wheel, then there was two more screens up at the front, beside the trolling motor, what would those be? Sorry but I know my way around an engine, but I have no clue about fish finders.
    2000 Bayliner 1950 3.0 Merc alpha one,
    2010 lund 1725 explorer ss, 115 optimax
    2008 tuffy 1890 DS, Suzuki DF200
    08 Seadoo GTX 155
    Past Boats:
    1987 Renken 1950, 120hp merc
    15ft Peterborough w/Yamaha 50LF O/B

All projects and screwups documented HERE: https://vroomzoom.netlify.com/projects.html

Originally posted by vroom ZOOM View Post
    Hello

Just bought a boat that doesn't have any fish finders but it does have the black thingy at the bottom of the transom as well as a gps receiver that says lowrance lgc3000. What fish finder will work with it? I think it would be logical to get one that would work with it. It is the one that goes beside the steering wheel, then there was two more screens up at the front, beside the trolling motor, what would those be? Sorry but I know my way around an engine, but I have no clue about fish finders.
    The black thing is a sonar transducer. Probably a depth finder.

Cheaper to buy all new than to try and reuse existing components.

Comment

And the connectors on these things change every few years, as newer head units are designed with new features.
      So a transducer more than say 10 ? years old, probably won't work on any or many new sonar units.

With 3 units onboard, they were probably networked together.
      Up front they likely had separate sonar and gps units.
      Medford, WI

Comment

Working...
      X