75hp Mercury Outboard Starter Issues

jmccune28

Recruit
Having issues with, my 2015 mercury 75hp outboard motor. Starter clicks and will not start motor most of the time, occasionally it will just start up. When i try to start the motor makes a noise as the solenoid is engaging but will not crank and i hear a clicking noise coming from the relay on the front of the motor. The trim also will not work after this happens. When i turn the power off to the motor, it will stop clicking. Verified there is voltage (12.7) going to starter from battery. I tried testing through the solenoid but can only see voltage from battery. Not to other side of solenoid. Not sure if im not testing correctly since the motor occasionally will start.

Pulled the starter off of the motor and turned key and motor consistently worked when in my hand. Put back on motor and started does not work. Did a continuity test on the wire going from the key switch to the starter and did not pass. Also cant get the ignition to read any voltage when in the on position. Could i have a faulty ignition and bad wiring?

I dont see any loose connections and dont want to spend the money on the starter if it is not bad. Please let me know if you have encountered this issue before and any possible suggestions to what the issue may be.