ProNav Angler for Minn Kota PowerDrive?

Elkins45

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a PowerDrive V2 with Bluetooth. For reasons I can't explain Minn Kota has an iPilot upgrade for the ones made prior to 2017 but not for my newer motor. The only upgrade option for my newer motor seems to be copilot, which is just a wireless steering and speed control. Amazon suggested the ProNav Angler as an option. It's a $700 add-on that uses a smart phone to do GPS receiving and to plot courses and waypoints. I figure I could use one of my old iPhones just as the dedicated steering unit because you don't really need a data plan as long as you download the maps on wifi beforehand.

Or I could just buy a different motor with iPilot and maybe sell this one on Craigslist. Since I just bought it last year that doesn't seem all that appealing to me--but neither does spending $700 on a toy. I'm not sure either path is a good investment for a hobbiest like me and the chances are that I probably won't buy anything and just keep using the foot control. Still, I'm curious if anyone has any experience with the ProNav?

Yegboats

Chief Petty Officer
I know it's been over a month since you asked this. Just in case you haven't made a decision yet. I thought I would let you know. Prior to 2017 the powerdrive ipilot upgrade kit was available to order as an accessory and anyone who sold minnkota could get it.
Minnkota now considers the ipilot upgrade kits for the 2017+ Bluetooth models as parts. You can purchase them on minnkotas parts websites, or a minnkota repair facility.

P# 2774155
https://motors.johnsonoutdoors.com/Catalog/ItemContent.aspx?ItemNumber=1103649&Replacement=1100920

Elkins45

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I know it's been over a month since you asked this. Just in case you haven't made a decision yet. I thought I would let you know. Prior to 2017 the powerdrive ipilot upgrade kit was available to order as an accessory and anyone who sold minnkota could get it.
Minnkota now considers the ipilot upgrade kits for the 2017+ Bluetooth models as parts. You can purchase them on minnkotas parts websites, or a minnkota repair facility.

P# 2774155
https://motors.johnsonoutdoors.com/Catalog/ItemContent.aspx?ItemNumber=1103649&Replacement=1100920

That is useful information. Thank you very much.