Wiring colours for Garmin Fishfinder 400C transducer cable?

loco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi all,
Long story short, I cut the connector on my airmar B60 transducer that connected to my Garmin 400C as I was replacing the Garmin with a Raymarine. However, that didn't work out, and now I need to revert, and of course the original connector has gone missing.

So, I have a decent splicing unit and have the 6 cables from the B60 connected to one end, but now I'm going to need to splice in the 400C, but will need to know which colours match which on the Airmar.

Looking back over old photos, I see that the original Airmar connector only used three pins, but I don't know if some of the cables are bridged in the connector or anything, and don't want to damage anything.

So, cutting back the sheath on the Garmin, I have: Orange, Black, Red, Bare, Yellow, and then within a shield: White and bare.

On the Airmar side, I have Red, Black, Green, White, Brown and Blue.

Any help very much appreciated!

Attachments

• photo315075.jpg
    photo315075.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 1
  • photo315076.jpg
    photo315076.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • photo315077.jpg
    photo315077.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • photo315078.jpg
    photo315078.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1

StingrayMike

Petty Officer 1st Class
why not buy a new cable?, sucks that you cant find the end, but in the long run might be easier.

loco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks.
Unfortunately, it's the end of the transducer cable that was cut off and lost, so no way of replacing that. I can only splice the cables. I think I can work it out from the information in the link above, though, so many thanks for that.

loco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
In case others experience the same:

Garmin White -> Airmar blue
Garmin Green -> Airmar black, bare & brown
Garmin Yellow -> Airmar white

Garmin red & orange unused
Airmar Red & green unused.

This worked for me, though I'd say the Garmin takes a bit longer to start reading the depth now.