Battery wiring for Bass Buggy

StrongTugs

Recruit
I just bought a 2008 Bass Buggy. The battery was weak, so I purchased new battery.
When I re-connected the wiring (Two heavy gauge & one light gauge to the + terminal & one med-heavy black to the - terminal), the engine starts and works fine but there is no power to the console.
I metered the terminal block under the console and read no power. The original owner added a large rotary switch for dual batteries, so he can key lock the electrical system, but only uses one battery.
The two heavy gauge wires have been painted red with fingernail polish or similar, so I assume they both go to the + terminal.
My question: Since I have no power to the console, could one of the heavy gauge wires actually go to the - neg terminal? I can not find any other wires in the battery hold, and none retracted from the hold and are visible below the deck. Can I test the wires with an ohm meter, to see if one of the two heavy wires go to the terminal block negative terminal under the console? Any better ideas?
Everything was GREAT before I replaced the battery (I FORGOT to take a pic of the wiring before disconnecting... grrrrr), so I am convinced that it is a problem with the connections in the battery hold. THANKS for any help!

alldodge

Staff member
Look at your fuse panel and there should be 2 wires (+/-) and be attached to the + side buss and the other on the - side buss. Find these and remove the leads from the battery then measure continuity. Could also be there is another wire (ground) which is still laying near the bat that is not connected