Power Trim won't go up...sort of

No1uNo

Cadet
Last fall as I was winterizing my boat I noticed an issue with the power trim. I asked the question here and received some really good replies. However, since my boat was in storage until a couple of days ago, I didn't get a change to do the fix and now I can't remember what the fix was and I can't find the original post (it no longer shows up in my activity feed). I'll ask the question again here but if someone knows a simple way to find that old post it would save anyone from having to answer my question again. Anyway, here goes...

I have an 18ft '92 Invader with a Mercruiser 3.0 stern drive. My throttle control lever has both a power trim up and down toggle switch and a "trailering" button below it. My leg will drop down fine but it won't raise using the trim up button. However, it will raise up using the trailering button. As such, I'm guessing that means my trim motor is working fine and that it's some kind of loose connection somewhere on the up button or possibly a faulty toggle switch. Any ideas on what I should do? I remember in my original post in the fall there some easy fix suggestions but I'm still pretty new to owning my own boat (grew up with one but my dad did all of this kind of stuff) and am not a naturally mechanical kind of guy but I'm learning.