Mercruiser trim new wiring

jojo16

Recruit
Hi , I'm in wiring mode of my restoration, installed new trim sender and limit switch, also new pump motor and solenoids, the old wiring was untraceable, ...off of diagrams I've got power, up and down to the thumb switch in remote(light blue for up and green for down) my question is where does the limit switch hook up ? I have a dark blue or purple coming from one of the senders? I do have a trim switch on my dash, should I jump the wires to that??? And lastly the gauge....I'm lost there🙄 any support on this would be greatly appreciated and ty for your time
joe

Stephen1969

Recruit
I'm working on a 2007 Tahoe Q6 Sport with a MerCruiser 5.0 timing
can't get it in act's like close to time the want start
is there some procedure that's got to be done, replaced cap, rotor button and spark plugs doesn't seem to want to fire
thanks for

TunaFish389

Petty Officer 2nd Class
One wire goes to switch the other goes to switch and solenoid, the opposite side of ground. The wires to the gauge (trim sender) goes directly to the gauge. Its just a set of different resistance that changes as trim moves.

TunaFish389

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It doesn't matter what wire goes where off of the trim limit switch. It is a just a open or close unit to stop up travel using the trim control so you dont go to far up underway.

TunaFish389

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You might already know but adjusting sensors you have to take cover off and adjust. If you just move with cover on, while it moves, it doesn't change anything.

jojo16

Recruit
Thanks for the responses, I've got the remote switch working, now how do I wire in the dash switch, witch is not limited,I need to run wires since I started with none can I jump from the remote switch over or do I need another blue ang green from the solenoids?I'm a noob so bear with me, as far as adjusting senders when you say the cover should be off, does that mean make sure they are not attached to the outdrive?? And turn the plastic nut on backside to set them?? Tyia