Help me wire my new Kicker wakeboard tower speakers please.

BrokeLoser

Seaman
I just got my new KMTC11’s and the installation manual is quite vague with how to wire them to the amplifier.
Here’s my issue.
These aren’t coaxial speakers as the tweeter and mid wire separate of one another. (two wires to the tweeter and two wires to the mid)
How would I wire these to the two channel amp that was recommended by Kicker?
Thank you for any help.
My new equipment-
KMTC11 speakers
https://www.kicker.com/app/manuals/m..._KMTC_Horn.pdf
Amplifier
https://www.kicker.com/app/manuals/m...Amps_Rev_H.pdf

KD4UPL

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I looked at your links. The speaker manual really doesn't say anything about the wiring. It does mention wiring for the lights. Are you sure you're not looking at light wires instead of multiple speaker wires?
If you do have separate inputs for the woofer and tweeter you would normally use an external crossover to send the highs to the tweeter and the lows to the woofer. You can use a two channel amp and put speaker level crossovers between the amp and the speakers. Or, you can use 4 amp channels and use a line level crossover and split the frequencies before the amp. This allows you to run more power on the woofers if you use a larger amp for those channels.
From the vague directions it sounds like they just want you to wire up both sets of wires to the amp's output. That pretty much defeats the purpose of having separate inputs.
You safest bet might be to call their tech support line and ask. They don't mention where the crossover frequency should be set either. They mention a high pass of 50 Hz but they don't tell you the split between woofer and tweeter.

BrokeLoser

Seaman
I looked at your links. The speaker manual really doesn't say anything about the wiring. It does mention wiring for the lights. Are you sure you're not looking at light wires instead of multiple speaker wires?
If you do have separate inputs for the woofer and tweeter you would normally use an external crossover to send the highs to the tweeter and the lows to the woofer. You can use a two channel amp and put speaker level crossovers between the amp and the speakers. Or, you can use 4 amp channels and use a line level crossover and split the frequencies before the amp. This allows you to run more power on the woofers if you use a larger amp for those channels.
From the vague directions it sounds like they just want you to wire up both sets of wires to the amp's output. That pretty much defeats the purpose of having separate inputs.
You safest bet might be to call their tech support line and ask. They don't mention where the crossover frequency should be set either. They mention a high pass of 50 Hz but they don't tell you the split between woofer and tweeter.

Thanks for taking a look and helping.
There is definitely separate inputs for each speaker. You would think that for $1,500 the speakers would come with a usable manual and a cheap crossover if required. I’ll call Kicker on Monday to get to the bottom of it.
Thanks again.