Looking for New Combo Plotter

JimmyD150155

Cadet
Hi

I need to replace my combo plotter Geonav G10, I have all Geonav hardware attached, Radar,GPS and Sonar but the Plotter itself has gone bad (after booting has only black screen and menu buttons, no map) and Geonav dont exist anymore.

Need help to identify a brand that has the same functionality (Radar,GPS,Sonar) and critical that would take my current hardware.?

I know that Humminbird took over Geonav and their ION 10 old model is identical to my G10, its no longer manufactured by Humminbird.

My main concern is that I would have to buy all new hardware for the new plotter when the existing hardware is ok.

I attach the configuration of the G10 which is:

1. GPS connector 5 pin RS-232 round
2. Radar Ethernet RJ45 connector ( i saw an adapter from RJ45 to Ethernet 5 pin round that i see most plotters now have)
3, Sonar Transducer large connector 9 pin (see pic)
4. Serial connector 5 pin RS-232 round

If anybody has changed out and old system such as this your advice appreciated.

Jim D [h=1][/h]

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1579.jpg
    IMG_1579.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 0

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
It’s hard to swallow but your better off scraping the entire setup and starting over. Either that or your left scavenging for old parts on eBay.

The control functions are internal to the display and carried out using proprietary protocol. The chances of you finding new hardware comparable with your old system is next to zero.

Even your seven pin transducer can be wired hundreds of different combinations

With the the advent of NMEA 2000, there are very few peripherals designed for serial communication. Everything is effectively plug and play anymore