Miss fire as getting onto plane

Hello all. Some help would be great right about now. having issues with a Dt65 1990.
problem is this. For about a year the outboard was running a bit rough on idle and bogged down when giving it some and it would then cut out. After all the usual checks, carb cleaning fuel pump check spark plugs ect and a while of searching finally figured out what the issue was. Bad leads. Changed coils and HTs and she now idles really nice and will go like a rocket even sounds better. However, now when I'm just about to get onto plane the engine sort of sputters or spits for just a split second while it dies suddenly looses power then kicks back in. it happens just when the boat is about to go on plane. This happens quickly for a quick moment. Then when going from WOT to a slower pace, as I'm slowing down I get the same sputter. again just for a second or two then it goes back to normal.
I am thinking the stator might be no good either.
I don't want to go and just start throwing parts at it.
my question is this. Would a stator cause this type of issue even if my battery is still getting charge. It sounds like a quick miss fire at certain points of throttle. Everything I read is talking about the battery however I think mine is still getting charge.
What would a bad stator symptoms be. ?
anyone any ideas of where to look for this splitter jerk miss thing.
Another thing to take note of. I run the boat on a Halfords leisure battery and wondering if that may be the issue would a leisure battery cause a Miss fire at high revs.

any help would be great thanks in advance