Sound system

twologs5

Cadet
have 2006 princecraft pontoon 20 foot has Pyle radio /receiver when turning volume will only go to 43 unit was in boat when i bought in 2016 dealer said it was new is the volume issue why you do not seem to have much volume at speakers when parked with other boats and your a couple boats away it is hardly audible speakers all work another question if i up grade what would be a good radio receiver

roffey

Commander
I'm having a problem trying to figure out what your problem is. Are you saying the volume on the radio is not loud enough? Boats docked near by have nothing to do with volume issues on your boat other than not disturbing them, lol.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
radios in boat are intended to be enjoyed in the boat, not 50 plus feet away.

for a radio to be loud enough to hear 50 plus feet away and to be clear enough, would be too loud if your on the boat. Not to mention such a system would cost you a few thousand dollars.

Pyle is a low end product that is of fair quality and low price, hence the reason its found in many boats. to get the sound power you desire, you will need to upgrade the whole system, add a bank of batteries, a larger alternator, some amplifiers, and of course, high quality speakers.

then you will find that the pontoon fence will rattle when you turn your stereo up.

StingrayMike

Petty Officer 1st Class
Down here is South Fl that is the common theme :(
every boat needs to be louder than the one next to them to be able to hear the music. I am NOT a big fan of that, but to each there own,
For you, more likely you don't have a external amp to drive your speakers.

My company does a lot of work/install with Fusion head units/remotes and JL amps and speakers. as Scott mentioned $$$, but you will have a loud stereo.

There are other manufacturers out there, just do some research/reviews to see what will fit your budget