Installing FF in Crestliner Superhawk

ps32er

Recruit
I am installing a FF in my 2018 crestliner super hawk 1850. Looking for help determining what route to take & especially what pieces I actually have to remove to run the wiring for the transducer to the helm. I'm thinking I should go through the rubber boot that has the engine wiring & steering cables or is there a better route to take? I'm not sure that that will lead me directly to the starboard side which i"ll use to get to the helm. I have the vinyl flooring and the conversion stern bench seats assessories to deal with. has anyone out there done this?

ps32er

Recruit
Install FF in 2018 Superhawk

I want to install a FF in my super hawk. i have the vinyl floor and the stern bench seat conversion (there's quite a few screws in flooring and side panels). I need to run the transducer wire from transom into boat and up to the helm. has anyone done this? I'd like some help knowing exactly what route to take and what to remove to get there as quicly as possible. so as not to have to remove anything that is not necessary.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,....... Every boat I've put one in, I drilled a hole in the transom, fed the cable through, 'n up along under the starboard gunnel, to the dash,.....

To seal the hole I drilled, I filled it with 5200, 'n screwed a little clam shell cover over it,.....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I guess you bought her new at a dealer? Go visit your dealer and see how FF's are installed.

This pic from the Crestliner site Super Hawk page shows the cable from the transducer snaking from under the swim platform to the motor swivel bracket and over the transom into the splashwell. That gets the cable inside the boat, then figure out how to work it forward.

Swim Platform with Ladder