W75 Motorguide issue

Breezeyone

Recruit
Hi Fplks, I have a W75 motorguide that all of a sudden started eating wireless batteries and then totally quit. A buddy who works with boats said it could be the brain of the motor (motherboard?) but I am at a loss to find one. Any ideas?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
What kind of batteries are we talking about? Unless you are pressing a button on the remote there would be no current flow to suck the juice from the remote. And if it were a motor problem there is no way it can cause the batteries in the remote to die. When it comes to batteries there are batteries and there are batteries. Using quality pieces makes a difference. The motor cannot run if the remote is bad. I would certainly not dig into the motor until you prove the remote is either good or bad.

Breezeyone

Recruit
I have 2 remotes, either one would do the same thing. I have managed to locate a new control circuit so I will try it but I’m still trying to figure out how to disassemble the control part without breaking it.

Breezeyone

Recruit
Ok I screwed up! I took a photo as I disassembled the control module. Anyone know where the red wire connects? It looks like it was to ground but that doesn’t make sense to me

Attachments

• photo311033.jpg
    photo311033.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo311034.jpg
    photo311034.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 0