Lenco Trim Tab

rickasbury

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have one of my tabs not working- boat sat for 2 years almost awaiting a repair....I'm sure in most cases a boat my age if it had a problem it would be pitch it and buy another- my boat does not sit in the water, I assume there is no water damage to it. The motor runs it's just not moving so I assume something has stripped. I do not see anywhere on line that you can order parts for them.....anyone have any experience/luck with trying to repair?

rickasbury

Thanks- I'm not sure what those parts are but will get it apart and see what failed. It seems something mechanical broke as the motor runs.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
that repair kit is only the deutsch electrical connector

buy a whole new actuator. they are only about $135.

Bannister 6905

Petty Officer 2nd Class
If memory serves me, the ram on the actuator is a press fit. It occasionally can come loose, causing just the problem you describe. When it happened to me, I called the factory and spoke with Leonard Cohen himself. He told me of a QC issue he had in his shop and promptly sent me a replacement actuator. Good luck!

rickasbury

Thanks....looks like I spun a gear in there....not sure what the failure was but is disappointing that with only 300 hours on the boat that it would not have held up better.....