Marine stereo question

TimMax

Recruit
I am looking to buy a new head unit for my pontoon. My question is, can I get a unit with a remote that I can control music on my ipod with to play through the stereo?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Any stereo that supports Bluetooth should work. I just added Bluetooth to an existing stereo setup

I pair my iPhone with the stereo and use Spotify for the remote application.

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Yes, you can. I have a fairly new one with bluetooth, etc. It also has a remote. I can use the machine (aka "phone") to run music from the phone paired to the head unit, or run music from the head unit and control all remotely. All the options to listen to music (I still haven't used them all) can be controlled remotely.

Last edited:

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Where I have been boating the folks turn the music OFF to enjoy the beauty / silence of nature.

Just going to say this about the least helpful response yet. I can turn mine OFF also, or I can fire up a large amp with a 12" sub... :) It is easier to go fishing that way... Turn it all the way up and the fish float belly up to the surface! (ok, kidding about that last part, mostly)

Anyway, to the OP. You may not need a new head unit even. There are bluetooth adapters that use RCA or 3.5mm jacks, or there are also newer amps that have bluetooth built in. (no need for a head unit even, you get rid of it entirely)